1/1 Photo of Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry or Marinade
Yet another recipe from Chatelaine, but this was originally in the magazine as a salad. The salad didn't appeal to me, but I used it as a base for a great stirfry and used the dressing as a marinade. I then added some things here and there to give it a unique flavor. Cooking time does not include marinating in fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 -6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (I use 4 TB as I find teriyaki sauce a bit salty for our taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (I use more) or 1 teaspoon bottled hot sauce, to taste (I use more)
- 2 teaspoons bottled chopped ginger (I use more) or 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, to taste (I use more)
- 2 teaspoons bottled chopped garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut into one inch strips
- 1Mix all ingredients together for the marinade.
- 2Cut the beef into one inch strips and add to the marinade.
- 3Put in a plastic container or Ziploc bag in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, stirring/shaking often.
- 4To make stirfry, heat sesame oil in a non-stick skillet or wok skillet.
- 5Add the sesame seeds, garlic and ginger and mix together until seeds are slightly toasted and flavors blended.
- 6Add sliced Spanish onion, green peppers, 1/4 cup of marinade, mix well and stirfry until onions are slightly translucent.
- 7Add the beef, mixing well to blend all the flavors and ingredients.
- 8If you want, you can add some more of the marinade with the beef.
- 9Stir fry about 5- 7 minutes on medium heat for medium rare or longer for your tastes.
- 10It went great with a bottle of Cabernet Shiraz Merlot red wine.
- 11Note: I reduced the measurement for the teriyaki sauce because it was a tad salty when I originally made it.
- 12If you don't mind the salty flavor, you can add more for your taste.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry or Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.2
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 926.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 34.9 g