Recipe by diner524
A recipe I found on Hawaiinrecipes.org while searching for recipes in the Pacific Islands for ZWT Event. This describes 2 ways to cook, in the oven or on the BBQ. It doesn't add vegetables, but feel free to add vegetables of choice if making it into kabobs. Prep time doesn't include the time for marinating and cook time is for the BBQ.
Top Review by breezermom
I made teriyaki chicken, and grilled it using the skewers! Delicious, quick and easy. Very good taste. I did use a dash of 5 spice, but not the entire amount. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 -4 lbs beef or 3 -4 lbs chicken
- 2⁄3 cup shoyu (Asian soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, crushed
- 3 green onions (chopped fine)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients. Soak beef 4 hours or overnight in sauce. Bake in shallow pan. Turn pieces over and marinate with sauce. Ten minutes before turning heat off, pour off rest of shoyu mixture. Serve with chopped green onions and Chinese parsley. Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour or less depending on how well you like your meat. Medium is best. This is also a great for grilling on the BBQ. Makes about 6 servings.
- Grilled Teri-Beef and Teri-Chicken Sticks: A great way to make teriyaki beef or chicken when grilling is to slice the meat into thin strips before marinating. Then put on bamboo skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. The meat comes out tender tasty and is easy to eat right off the stick.