Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Instead of a hamburger try this. Serve with a nice stir fry of fresh veggies. To make it spicy just add some chili flakes or Szechuan Sauce.I also put a 1/2 tsp of Wasabi on the bun but only do that if you like it hot. I felt like something different than my regular Saturday Hamburger and this recipe was the result. If you do not wish to use sherry substitute with Sake or apple juice.
- 1 lb round steaks or 1 lb flank steak, cut to suit stir fry
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons pickled ginger
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted inside (buttered if you wish)
- Toss the beef in the cornstarch and lightly coat the pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frypan, have high heat add the beef and brown tossing for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium add fresh ginger,garlic, Teriyaki sauce, sherry, chow mein noodles, salt& pepper.
- Keep tossing another 3 minutes.
- Add chopped green onions just before removing from the heat.
- Split the meat into 4 portions and pile on the toasted buns.
- Top with the pickled ginger and waterchestnuts.
- Serve hot.