Recipe by ~Nimz~
The meat is so tender and juicy and has an excellent flavor. The cook time was right on for medium steak, IMHO. Revised just a little from the original TOF recipe. I did however, double the marinade, not in the recipe but when I made it, to make sure I got good coverage of the meat. The original only marinaded the meat for 1 hour, but I did it overnight and I think that make a big difference. Prep time does not include the time it takes to marinade.
- 1⁄4 cup enova oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh whole mushroom
- 1 medium red pepper, cubed
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cubed
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first five ingredients and mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. (If you didn't double the sauce reserve 1/4 cup).
- Add beef to remaining marinade.
- Turn to coat.
- Seal bag or cover container.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved marinade.
- Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Serve meat and vegetables over rice if desired.