1/3 Photos of Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli
I love cleaning and organizing as well as cooking. That is what brought me to flylady.com. I found this recipe on that site and it is wonderful. The teriyaki adds a different touch to your average beef and broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks, cut in strips (against the grain, or use whatever is on sale)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and stir fry the beef together with the onions until beef is just barely pink, but browned on all sides. Do not cook all the way through.
- 2Now add broth, teriyaki sauce and ginger root.
- 3Bring the meat and sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- 4Cover and simmer until meat is done, about 10-15 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add carrots and broccoli, cover skillet again and cook until veggies are done to your liking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 429.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.1 g