Recipe by I'mPat
From our local/state paper from the weekly feature of 7 Recipes in 7 Days. Have not included 10 minutes marinating time in the times. You will need bamboo skewers soaked in water.
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 600 g chicken (breast or thigh meat cut into 3cm cubes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients down to and including the sugar and add the chicken pieces and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Thread about four pieces of chicken on to each skewer.
- Grill or barbecue the chicken, basting often for extra flavour.
- Serve with steamed rice perhaps a Japanese coleslaw.