Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From our local/state paper from the weekly feature of 7 Recipes in 7 Days. Have not included 10 minutes marinating time in the times. You will need bamboo skewers soaked in water.
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 600 g chicken (breast or thigh meat cut into 3cm cubes)
- Combine all of the ingredients down to and including the sugar and add the chicken pieces and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Thread about four pieces of chicken on to each skewer.
- Grill or barbecue the chicken, basting often for extra flavour.
- Serve with steamed rice perhaps a Japanese coleslaw.
Great chicken, simple and tasty! I used boneless skinless breasts and since I was grilling in the oven didn't bother with skewers. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
What's not to love...I grilled mine on the George Foreman Grill...quick and easy...served it with a side of rice and my recipe #475004 for a delicious meal...thanks for posting it...=)
I used just under a pound of chicken breast, and cut the marinade down to a third. Turned out perfectly. Grilled over a charcoal grill....just fabulous. Thanks for sharing!