Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Asparagus w/ almonds....yum! You can serve this warm or cold. I prefer warm. For extra flavor, lightly toast the almonds. If asparagus is out of season, you could use frozen.
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toast them, if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, if needed to taste
- Steam/cook asparagus until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, stir together almonds, olive oil, cider vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar, ginger, and pepper.
- Pour over the cooked asparagus and toss to coat well.
- Serve right away or chill for 1-2 hours and serve cold.
Excellent. We served this chilled at our Easter Cookout and it was a big hit!
Yum is right for this recipe! I doubled this and served it with an Asian inspired theme for our dinner. I stir-fried the asparagus in the olive oil and when tender-crisp added the remaining ingredients. We loved the combination of flavors. Made for ZWT6.
I cut this in half since there was only 2 of us and added about 1 T. of the cider vinegar. Overall, we just LOVED this! I steamed the asparagus in the microwave and then added the vinaigrette dressing. I topped the asparagus with the toasted almonds which made for a pretty presentation. A great addition to the grilled salmon we had. Thanks!