Recipe by glutenfreekid
Boneless chicken tenders dredged in gluten free flour and dipped in gluten free sauce then baked to perfection. Your family will eat them up!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour (or use your favorite GF baking mix)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- After cutting chicken, thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. This step is necessary so your chicken won't get soggy when it's cooking in the oven. Place flour, salt, and pepper in a large resealable bag, seal, and shake to combine. Add the dried chicken pieces, seal bag, and shake to coat.
- For Teriyaki tenders: In a small saucepan, over low heat, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon cold water, white sugar, brown sugar, GF soy sauce, cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer, stirring frequently until sauce thickens and begins to bubble. Dredge half of the flour coated chicken pieces through the teriyaki sauce and place on prepared baking pan in a single layer.
- For Buffalo tenders: In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Once butter is melted, stir in your favorite hot sauce (we use Frank's hot sauce). In a small glass, dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 1 tablespoon cold water. Slowly stir the cornstarch mixture into the hot sauce mixture. Continue cooking and stirring until sauce is slightly thickened and bubbly. Dredge the second half of the floured chicken pieces through the hot sauce and place on the prepared baking pan in a single layer.
- Put baking pan with chicken in the preheated oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear.