Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my all time favorite Japanese dish. I make this when I can't go out to the teriyaki sticks resurant, so I buy their sauce and make my own meal. You have to try it--soooo good.
- 1⁄2 cup finally chopped onion
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 medium sweet red pepper strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 20 medium shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups udon noodles
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- Chop veggies.
- Cook noodles.
- In wok put the peppers onion and cabbage.
- Add water and cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook till soft. Then add bean sprouts and shrimp.
- Cook till pink.
- Place veggies on top of noddles and put sauce on top.
Made pretty well as directed, allowing for one or two minor subs, I had to use chinese egg noodles rather than udon, and I omitted the mushrooms since I don't particularly like them. Otherwise this was really good and simply prepared, a lovely light supper! Thank you Nikki! Made for P-A-R-T-Y Tag!
Wonderful recipe! we really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I could not get Udon Noodles - they usually have them but of course when I want some - not there. Also I had to sub chinese cabbage. Even with these two subs this recipe was a winner thanks for a delicious dinner Nikki