Recipe by Lizzyliza
Did watching Teri Hatcher bake cookies for Diane Sawyer make your mouth water? Here's the recipe the "Desperate Housewives" star provided to ABC News.
Top Review by luccout
I couldn't wait to try this recipe but I have to say they were not that great. I agree with another comment that they lacked flavor. I also found them to be crispy and I prefer a more chewy cookie. I would also like to say that the recipe is a bit confusing when you read the instructions it sounds as though your suppose to crack the eggs into the butter like I did but actually you should be cracking the eggs into the first bowl???
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 whole egg, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chips (mix semi sweet, milk chocolate)
- butterscotch chips (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- So quick, so easy-- no mess.
- Get 2 bowls, one wooden spoon.
- Melt butter in small non-plastic bowl, 40 seconds in microwave.
- Pour into bigger bowl.
- Remicrowave butter bowl as is, for 10 seconds.
- Crack eggs into it.
- Let sit while mixing sugar into butter.
- Add vanilla, salt, baking soda and keep blending by hand with wooden spoon till smooth.
- Add eggs.
- Stir again.
- Add flour, 1/2 cup by 1/2 cup till all blended.
- Lastly fold in chips.
- Place on ugreased cook sheet.
- Six on a sheet.
- By rolling large ball of dough (about an ice cream scoop) per cookie, do not smooth, break in half and mush back together and place on sheet"rough" side up to give lumpy cookie appearance.
- Bake for 9 minutes the roate sheet and bake another 9 minutes.
- Let cool ON cookie sheet.
- Makes 12 cookies, 2 sheets.
- Remove and eat.