Recipe by TGirl,RN
This can be made using ground turkey, low fat sour cream and low fat cheeses to cut down on calories, or you can use ground beef, regular sour cream and regular cheese-I've made it both ways and couldn't taste the difference-I like it both ways! Great for pot luck!
Top Review by Robin W
This was really good! Tacos in a pan - alot less mess to clean-up afterwards. I did substitute fresh tomato for the canned and used taco shells instead of Doritos. This will be in my menu planning from now on. Thanks Tgirl.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) can green chili, with juice,chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 16 ounces nacho cheese plain Doritos
- 1⁄2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (low fat optional)
- 1 pint sour cream (low fat optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (low fat optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook onion in oil until softened.
- Add garlic and turkey; cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, taco seasoning, chilis (with juice) and olives.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (or grease with crisco, your choice) Layer 1/2 of the doritos on bottom of dish.
- Add meat mixture, then sour cream, and top with Mozzarella.
- Cover with another layer of Doritos.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.