Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This can be made using ground turkey, low fat sour cream and low fat cheeses to cut down on calories, or you can use ground beef, regular sour cream and regular cheese-I've made it both ways and couldn't taste the difference-I like it both ways! Great for pot luck!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) can green chili, with juice,chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 16 ounces nacho cheese plain Doritos
- 1⁄2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (low fat optional)
- 1 pint sour cream (low fat optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (low fat optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook onion in oil until softened.
- Add garlic and turkey; cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, taco seasoning, chilis (with juice) and olives.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (or grease with crisco, your choice) Layer 1/2 of the doritos on bottom of dish.
- Add meat mixture, then sour cream, and top with Mozzarella.
- Cover with another layer of Doritos.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
This was really good! Tacos in a pan - alot less mess to clean-up afterwards. I did substitute fresh tomato for the canned and used taco shells instead of Doritos. This will be in my menu planning from now on. Thanks Tgirl.
This was pretty good. I made it especially for my brother, and he was happy, but not everyone else was. I guess that is hard when there are so many people in a family. I think that it was the sour cream that threw them off. Well, next time I think that I will use taco shells instead of doritos like the other reviewer did, and maybe omit the sour cream and have people put their own sour cream on. That should be good then! Thank you for posting!