Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a real kicked up version of red potato salad. I use minimal mayo and some brown/spicy mustard for a tad bit of a kick. This is a very easy recipe that is best made ahead of time and chilled for a day before taking to the picnic, pot luck, or party. Please note that cook time is for the boiling of the potatoes which may be longer as it's just a guestimate. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boiled red potatoes (fork tender, size doesn't matter)
- 2 -3 stalks celery, sliced and/or diced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh is best)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (to taste)
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix with remaining ingredients till covered.
- Adjust mayonnaise if needed so that the sald isn't too dry.
- Salt& pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 4 hours and serve.
- This dish is best if chilled overnight before serving.