Recipe by TGirl,RN
These came about by accident-it is an alteration to a stuffing recipe. Servings depend on how big/small you make your cakes-make small cakes for party appetizers, or make larger ones for lunch or dinner! Adjust to your liking by using all shrimp or all crab meat if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed/minced
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, boiled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, cooked and shredded/chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped (scallions)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, plain/unflavored
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet over moderate heat.
- Saute celery, onions, and garlic until softened.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, crab, shrimp, and parsley.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix well, and allow to cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, form mixture into patties.
- Heat your choice of either butter or oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Pan fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- ~NOTE~amountof bread crumbs needed may vary.
- Use only the amount needed to bind the mixture together so that cakes don't fall apart while frying.
- I suggest adding 1/2 C of bread crumbs to start--form'sample' patty-if it is too moist to hold together, add additional bread crumbs (perhaps 1/4 cup) until patties hold together.