Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Curried Chicken dish is a quick and tasty meal-great for weeknights-just buy a pre-cooked roasted chicken, and you're in business!
- 1 roasted chicken, meat removed from bone and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- white rice, for serving
- In medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onion and curry powder-cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Cook one minute, and then stir in milk slowly.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in chicken meat-heat through.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
If you love curry, this is an easy, delicious dish! Sauce was very creamy. Dinner was ready in 20 minutes, and perfect served over rice. After tasting this, I added a handful of raisins and stirred till hot, and sprinkled each serving with a few toasted sliced almonds. YUM! A great way to use cooked chicken.
I have a fast recipe for curry based on a couple of cans of creamed soup that I have used for years, but this recipe is just as fast & tastes better. I did make a few changes: cut back on the onion & added diced apple (a take away from the cream soup recipe); used one cup of milk instead of the 3/4 cup, & used a bit more curry to our family's taste. This meets my criteria for a great work night meal - fast and tastes great. Thanks, Teresa!
Easy and wonderful! I made this at son's request...now a new family favorite. We served over rice and set out bowls of diced tomatoes, pineapple, peanuts, and raisins for each to top how they prefered.