This soup is so good, family and friends ask for it as birthday gifts.<><
Make and share this Teresa's Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (5 lb) bag potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and thinley chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- Combine in crockpot first 9 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high 5 hours.
- Add milk, parsley and potato flakes.
- Cover and cook 30-60 minutes longer, or until potato's are tender.
Thank You tcourto for this recipe. I made it last night, I never made Potato Soup before and always wanted to. I doubled the recipe, used fresh onions and chicken buillon paste. otherwise I used everything exact and it was fabulous. I pureed about a third of the potatoes with my Pimer, so I could have left out the potato flakes because it was already already very thick. I cut up raw bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and fried them crispy. I topped the soup in the bowl with the bacon bits. Yum.. My 10 year old ate 3 bowls and raved about it the whole time she was eating. My husband was sceptical becasue it had no meat, (that;s why I thought of the bacon) but he couldn't quit eating it either. My mind was racing with what else I could put in it, like greenbeans, broccoli or cauliflour for the second night, Can't wait to make it for my friends with a big pan of cornbread on the side. The "birthday gift" comment made me want to try this one over others. Thank You , Thank You so much