Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
The one and only dessert that my boyfriend literally BEGS me to make! (and he's not a big 'dessert' eater..but this is the exception to his rule !) Lemon flavor is refreshing, but not overpowering..we love this one!
- 4 eggs
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- 1 box lemon cake mix (any brand)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- DIRECTIONS FOR CAKE: Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining cake ingredients and beat for 10 minutes (yes, you need to beat it for the whole 10 minutes!) Bake in ungreased bundt or tube pan at 350 degrees for 55 minutes,or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- DIRECTIONS FOR ICING: Mix juice and sugar in small pot until*just* boiling.
- Prick holes in top of cooled cake.
- Drizzle hot glaze over cake.
This is a great cake.I put some white choclate chips in it also...yummy. I have tryed it with choclate cake mix and chocolate pudding added white chips to it. Dusted with powdered suger. I think you could use any cake mix with like pudding.I'm going to try a pecan with butterscotch udding or vanilla and butterscotch chips. Germanchocolate cake with choc or vanilla pudding. cocoanut and butterscotch or white chips would be good also. Cherry mix and vanilla pudding with dried cherrys..White mix and vanilla pudding with dried cranberrys and white chips. Carrot cake mix wih vanilla pudding,nuts and rasins. Any combanation you like or have on hand..Play with it. As long as you make sure you follow the recipe and LIGHTLY FOLD the nut's,chips..etc. in right befor you put it in the pan. What fun!!!!! Thanks for a great one.I just love easy recipes I can play with!!!!!
GREAT recipe!!! It was easy to make and it turned out so moist. I will definitely make this again.
I made this for Thanksgiving to take to the in-laws. It was a big hit. I think the glaze makes it. Very lemony, but not too much. Thanks for posting.