Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful dish, and my kids love it. Although it takes some prep time, you will love the end results. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) bag stir fry vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot
- 8 ounces rice sticks
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 -6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare you rice sticks according to the directions on the bag. Once their done make sure and drain them. They will get really mushy if you let them sit in the water or cook them too long.
- Cut your chicken into small chunks or thin stir fry pieces. Then put enough soy sauce on the chicken so that every piece has some on it. Let the chicken sit while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- Cut you onion into large julienne pieces and dice your garlic and set those to the side.
- I use a wok but if you dont have one you can use a skillet. Put about 3 tbl spoons of olive oil in my pan and allow it to get hot.When hot add your chicken and cook it till its done. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Put more olive oil in the wok, allow it to get hot, then add you bag of veggies. Stir them around some to coat with the oil. Then add you bamboo shoots, onions, and garlic. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes then add the fish sauce, and about 2 tbl spoons of soy sauce. Cook until veggies are done the way you like them. Some people like their veggies done some like them al'dente. You may add more oil if the pan gets dry and your veggies start sticking.
- When the veggies are close to done add you chicken and noodles. Mix them well and add enough soy sauce to change the color of you noodle from white to a light brown.
- Then scoot the food back some so that you can see a small portion of your wok, put chili garlic paste in that spot. You can add less or more this is what makes it spicy. Then just mix it all up and there ya go.
- Dish it out on the plate and enjoy.