Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Smell gels, a bag of pot pourri (matching scent, of course!), a variety of flavored teas or coffees, and some freshly baked cookies make the perfect gift basket. Great for birthdays, holidays, house warmings, or for those times when someone special needs a Pick-Me-Up. Glass votive jars come in lots of attractive patterns, shapes and sizes, and are very inexpensive. The yield of this recipe depends on size of jars used. Smell Gels must sit overnight to fully solidify.
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleliquid pot pourri concentrate essential oils (Your favorite scent)
- 4 envelopes powdered gelatin, unflavored,such as knoxx brand
- In pot, bring liquid pot pourri to full boil.
- Remove from heat, add powdered gelatin and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Ladle into votive jars, cover loosely with paper towels, and allow to sit, undisturbed, for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Yield for this recipe depends on size of votive jar used, but if using the standard size, the yield is usually 3 smell gels for every 16 ounces of liquid pot pourri.
- An example of the size votive jar I use to get 3 smell gels would be the scented candles made by Glade; I have actually used those for my jars after the candle has been used up.
- After smell gels have fully hardened, set the jars throughout your home; I keep one on each bedside table, in the bathroom, and on my coffee table/end tables in the living room; Smell gels provide a wonderful fragrence to your home, without being overpowering, and last for several weeks.
Good recipe...quick and easy to prepare. I found however with the inexpensive (dollar stores, etc..) liquid pot pourri concentrates, the scent was very weak. Will be definately making again with the quality pot pourri's. :)