Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This simple side dish is a perfect match for steak. Goes perfectly with any meal that uses garlic (ie: awesome with Italian).Simple to make-great to take to a pot luck-classy enough for dinner parties!
- fresh green beans, with ends trimmed-use amount appropriate for desired servings
- butter (as a rule, 1 T per 2 servings of beans)
- fresh garlic (minced/crushed amount varies-but as a rule, I use 1 large clove per 2 servings of beans)
- olive oil, can be used instead of butter for vegetarian/vegans (or for those watching their waistlines! Use less oil than butter 2 t per 2 servings)
- Steam green beans until tender-crisp.
- Melt butter in pot big enough to hold green beans.
- Add garlic and heat until you can smell the garlic.
- Remove pan from heat and add green beans to pot.
- Coat beans with butter/garlic.
- Serve as a fabulous side dish.
All I can say is YUM and easy!!! I loved these and I'm not a huge green bean fan. I found that I just kept picking at them even after I was finished eating. The kids wouldn't even try them because, well, they are green and they are beans! Who cares what they think, I thought they were great.
Superb. I always like fresh green beans, and this one top them all. So easy to prepare, so delicious. I french cut the beans, and steamed with 2 cloves of sliced garlic. I also used olive oil instead of butter. Simple and full of flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
only way to eat fresh beans, been a family favourite for a while now.