Recipe by TGirl,RN
Easy and delicious! One of my boyfriend's favorite dishes--perfect for a romantic candlelight dinner-very classy!
Top Review by Dave Rudolph
Made this for Valentines dinner for my wife and this is so Awesome I will make it over and over for the brandy I used E&J, and the chicken I salted and peppered it and added a splash of lemon juice then let the chicken marinade for 2 hrs or so before I floured it and all it was delicious thank you and keep up the good work!!! Dave Rudolph Clay center, ks
- 2 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 shallot (diced/minced)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 3 -4 ounces brandy
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (crumbled)
- flour (just enough to dredge chicken)
- salt and pepper
- egg noodles or rice, to serve over
Directions See How It's Made
- Recipe doubles by increasing ONLY the amount of chicken used.
- No need to increase other ingredients.
- Preheat water for pasta or begin cooking rice.
- Heat oil in skillet or electric fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt/pepper (optional step).
- Dredge chicken in flour, shake off excess.
- Brown chicken on both sides in pan.
- Do not cook all the way through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add shallots, cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook additional 2 minutes.
- Add brandy, cook on high heat to evaporate alcohol.
- Lower heat to simmer, add cream, crumbled boullion cube and paprika.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink or until juices run clear) Serve over rice or egg noodles.
- I prefer rice because it holds the sauce better.
- If sauce is too thin at end of cooking time, remove chicken and raise heat to reduce sauce to desired consistency.
- Add chicken back, coat with sauce and serve.