Recipe by T-Logan
Created to be a side with other southwestern/mexican style entrees which always seem full of protein but lacking in the vegetable department. Hopefully you'll find it works for you the same.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Wonderful dish. I made pretty much as written -- we can't buy rotel tomatoes in Australia, so I used plain diced tomatoes. Also used only 1/2 teaspoon cayenne. Love the flavours, colours and the ease of preparation. Thanks so much for creating and posting.
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular paprika and 1/4 tsp liquid smoke)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or a couple cloves garlic chopped, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (to taste)