Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Created to be a side with other southwestern/mexican style entrees which always seem full of protein but lacking in the vegetable department. Hopefully you'll find it works for you the same.
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular paprika and 1/4 tsp liquid smoke)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or a couple cloves garlic chopped, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (to taste)
- Put everything in the same pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer for 5 minutes, or till heated through.
Wonderful dish. I made pretty much as written -- we can't buy rotel tomatoes in Australia, so I used plain diced tomatoes. Also used only 1/2 teaspoon cayenne. Love the flavours, colours and the ease of preparation. Thanks so much for creating and posting.