Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is the best apple pie recipe that I have tasted.<><
Make and share this Teresa's Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 9 cups apples, peeled and shredded (about a 6 pound bag)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 pie crusts
- 4 tablespoons milk
- sugar, to sprinkle
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix the apples and the spice mixture in a large bowl until well combined.
- Roll out two of the pie crusts and place in the bottom of two 9" glass pie pans.
- Divide the apples between the two pie crusts.
- Roll out the remaining pie crusts one at a time for the tops.Either fold the dough in quarters and cut 3 slits on each edge, or get a pie crust cutter and make a design as in the picture.
- Place the top crust on the apples.
- Cut the hangover crust to about an inch all the way around.
- Roll the top and bottom crusts down and under.
- Using your thumb and pointer fingers on one hand and a bend knuckle on the other hand, Push the crust with your knuckle in between your fingers to make a pretty edge.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.