Recipe by TGirl,RN
this is a wonderful ice cream topping!! very easy to make!
Top Review by Barb G.
I made some additions to this recipe, I added 3/4 cup oatmeal and used 1/2 cup flour. Also 1/2 cup Brown sugar and 1/4 cup regular sugar. we like the taste of the brown sugar and Oatmeal in apple crisp. Used two different kindas of sweet apples. This all turned out great.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 cups sliced apples (not granny smith or other tart apples-use sweeter ones)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter an 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add butter and mix until fine crumbs are formed.
- Put apples in baking dish.
- Pour water over apples, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Spread flour mixture over apples and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, or until apples are tenderl Wonderful with vanilla ice cream!