Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I *invented* this dish for my boyfriend-it's now his absolute favorite meal! I love it because it is incredibly fast, easy, and delicious! Recipe can easily double by using 1/2 lb of each type of seafood and using 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Slightly increase amount of oil/butter used to saute seafood if doubling. Recipe can easily be altered to suit your personal seafood tastes. Use all shrimp or all scallops (use 1/2 lb total weight for 2 servings, or 1 lb total weight for 4 servings).
- 1⁄4 lb raw deveined/peeled shrimp
- 1⁄4 lb raw sea scallops or 1⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 2 cloves minced/crushed garlic
- 1 package fresh/refrigerated linguine
- 1 can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic (Delmonte)
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive or any type will do)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil (julienne) (optional)
- Preheat water for pasta.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add garlic.
- Cook 1 minute, or until you can smell the garlic.
- Season seafood with salt and pepper, then add to garlic.
- Cook on one side for 2 minutes.
- Flip, and cook on second side for 2 minutes.
- (Now is the time to start cooking your pasta-don't forget to salt the water! cook pasta on high heat to maintain a rolling boil) Add the can of tomatoes (do not drain!) to the seafood.
- Cover, lower heat to a simmer, and leave alone until the pasta is finished cooking.
- (should take about 2-3 minutes if you're using the fresh pasta).
- Now's the time to toast your garlic bread and toss your salad to round out a great meal!
- Just before serving, add fresh basil to seafood mixture, stir through.
- Serve over the linguini and Voila!
- A fast, delicious meal for 2!
Light but satisfying meal that takes no time to cook! Definitely a keeper! delicious!
Hi Teresa; Never thought about combining shrimp and scallops. This recipe is easy, quick and tasty as ever. Took no time at all to make and it certainly is a big keeper. I love a variety of seafood. Next time I make this recipe, I will add a small amount of Red Hot Pepper Flakes or some Sambal Oelek to spice it up a bit more. Thank you for posting a great recipe. "Uncle Bill"
Made this for my BF and he loved it.Very easy to make, used a seafood mix and instead of linguini I used penne.Thankx for the recipe!!