Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my Daughters recipe. mmmm good.
Make and share this Tereasa's spicy Marinara sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- In a blender, puree drained diced tomatoes.
- Set aside.
- In a large deep fry pan, saute onions with garlic until onions are tender but not browned.
- Add tomato puree,salt,oregano and hot sauce.
- Simmer on Medium-low and either store the sauce in a jar or use on pasta or meats.
I used slightly less hot sauce than the recipe called for because of personal preference. This is a very good change of pace from typical pasta sauce recipes for those who like spicy food. It tastes similar to arrabbiato pasta sauces I've had.
like i said mmmmmmmm good. try it. you wont be sorry.