Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a copycat recipe from a Minneapolis restaurant that specilized in Prime Rib...the salad is sweet and salty and really great with a heavier meal.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 heads lettuce
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 2 bottles hormel real bacon bits
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Cut lettuce into small pieces.
- Cauliflower chops up easier if you just shred it from the whole head rather than breaking the flowers off separately.
- Get ingredients all ready first, then toss just before serving.
This recipe has so many variations but the one and only 'original' recipe is the best. First, never use bacon bits. You must fry up bacon and crumble it. And only use Hellmanns dressing (no substitutes) with the sugar and milk. This salad is amazing when you make it like the original. And the original never had onions or peas.
This was a very nice and easy to put together salad. I didn't much care for the dressing as I thought it was way to sweet for us. I did add a little onion but other than that made as directed. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I ate at Tequilaberry's many years ago and have NEVER forgotten the salad. This tastes just like it. I am so glad I came across this. I will make it often.