Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the recipe from the Tequilaberry's Restaurant that was in Coon Rapids, MN. It is great to bring to a potluck or for a big group! Enjoy!!
- 2 heads lettuce, chopped (or 2 1-lb bags pre-cut lettuce)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up in tiny pieces
- 1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (no substitutions)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Combine lettuce, cauliflower and bacon.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Add dressing to salad, add parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- I usually make up the dressing the day before and the rest of the salad and then mix together just before serving.
This recipe did NOT originate at Tequilaberry's. It originated at a small restaurant in Coon Rapids, MN at "The Vineyard"... the recipe was created by Mr. schachschneider, the owner of The Vineyard. Tequilaberry's stole the recipe and adapted it enough to call it their own. It is a great salad, but let's give credit where it is due...
My niece worked at the Tequilaberry's restaurant. She made the salad. You are missing a key ingredient. The chopped red onion. Vinegar was not in it. A little milk if needed to stretch. If you put dressing on side, and not all eaten, it will not wilt as fast. This recipe is 4 stars. The original as I wrote is 5.
This is similar to a Cauliflower salad my cousin in Indiana served to us when we were visiting. I have used her recipe since the 80's. Hers doesn't use vinegar -- just milk to get the right consistency. I followed your recipe; it;s very good also even with the vinegar. I have also used this on a tossed salad with radishes sliced and cut into 4 pieces for each slice. If you're not a radish fan, try using them in your salad with this recipe. Thanks FoxyLoxy for the recipe.