Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the Healthy Choice website. I actually used a pre-cooked turkey breast instead of the tenderloins and added a little red pepper with the yellow. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- 1 medium tomatoes (seeded & chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded & finely chopped)
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers with the vinegar. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend (2-hours suggested).
- While marinating vegetables, place turkey in a shallow dish. Prepare marinade by mixing limejuice, tequila, oil and black pepper until well blended. Pour over the turkey, and turn to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes or for no more than 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard remaining marinade.
- Spray outdoor grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat and grill until tenderloins are no longer pink and juices run clear (170 degrees F) about 25 minutes.
- Cut turkey into slices and top with tomato relish before serving.
We really enjoyed this unique way of preparing turkey. The lime/tequila marinade really enhanced the flavor of the turkey even though I only marinated it about 20 mins. The tomatoe relish added color and a nice "freshness" to the meal. Thanks so much for sharing it, TheShields.