Recipe by Mareesme
Even tri-tips need to get tipsy once in awhile! (Note: Remove most fat from tri tip, but leave some on the bottom side for flavoring meat while grilling.)
Top Review by bobcap
I used this recipe over the weekend, using 4 lbs of Tri-tip serving 6 people. After marinating for 6 hours, I grilled the beef over a blazing hot charcoal fire until the meat reached an internal temp of 145 (Medium). The Tri-tip was fantastic. We also paired this with grilled mixed veggies, shrimp scampi with pasta and a salad. This meal was a huge success!
- 3 -4 lbs beef tri-tip roast
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tequila, sesame oil, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl then place in a large zip-top bag with tri-tip. Marinate at least two hours before desired grilling time.
- Grilling Method: Pre-heat gas grill to 400 degrees F. Place meat on grill top-side down for 4-5 minutes for nice grill marks. Flip over, reduce heat slightly and close lid,
- To be prepared for flare-ups, keep an open beer by the grill and use as a 'fire extinguisher.' If no flare-ups occur, then enjoy the beer yourself!
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 135-140 degrees F. for medium. Slice thin and enjoy with the fire extinguisher beer or the liquid type of margarita of your choice.