Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different take on "candied" yams; found it in a cookbook called "Texas Home Cooking".
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 566.99 g sweet potatoes, peeled & grated
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 22.18 ml tequila
- 1 medium lime, juice of
- salt & pepper
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet.
- Add the potatoes and pat down into a solid layer.
- Sprinkle sugar over the potatoes and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Ever few minutes, scrape the potatoes up from the bottom and then pat back down firmly.
- The potatoes are ready when they are soft and a bit translucent and the sugar has begun to caramelize.
- Before removing pan from heat, pour in the tequila and lime juice; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the ingredients thoroughly and pour into a bowl.
- Serve warm; garnish with lime wedges.