A different take on "candied" yams; found it in a cookbook called "Texas Home Cooking".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet.
- 2Add the potatoes and pat down into a solid layer.
- 3Sprinkle sugar over the potatoes and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- 4Ever few minutes, scrape the potatoes up from the bottom and then pat back down firmly.
- 5The potatoes are ready when they are soft and a bit translucent and the sugar has begun to caramelize.
- 6Before removing pan from heat, pour in the tequila and lime juice; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Toss the ingredients thoroughly and pour into a bowl.
- 8Serve warm; garnish with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila-Tipsy Yams
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: