Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine. Use pre-mixed coleslaw for this recipe and save some time. Serve on tacos, alongside barbecue chicken, with grilled flank steak or burgers.
- 1⁄4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila, silver
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package Coleslaw (angelhair)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss.
We had mixed reviews in the family...I really enjoyed the flavors while hubby didn't care for the tequila taste in his slaw...he's set on the old heavy mayo type of slaw...I thought this was a nice change from the norm...thanks for posting it...=)
This was quick and easy to prepare and we loved the taste! I used green and red cabbage and some carrot in my slaw. I thinned the dressing with about 2 tablespoons of half and half. 'El Jimador' tequila a~nejo was the tequila of choice. The cabbage, carrots, cilantro and green onions were all from our weekly CSA box which meant this was a very fresh salad! Cover and chill several hours for best flavor. Good alone and also as a topping on simple beef tacos. Thanks for posting! Made for the Bevy Tag.
Used this slaw on grilled mahi-mahi tacos with a dill dressing...fabulous!! Thanks