Recipe by the-cat-did-it
Flame on!! this great recipe impreses even the cook as you flame the tequila burning off the alcohol but leaving behind the spirit's famous bite. Sour Cream can be used in place of crema, but not as tasty. Credit to Quick Kitchen Melissa Roberts and Maggie Ruggiero.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined 21-25 count
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, coarsley ground
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup tequila, white, reposado
- 3⁄4 cup crema
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and shell the shrimp.
- Toss the shrimp with the kosher salt, pepper, and juice from half of lime. Let stand 20 minutes stirring once.
- Simmer butter in skillet with jalepenos for 5 minutes.
- Add in shrimp, mushrooms, onion, cilantro and sautee until shrimp are cooked.
- Add tequila and tip pan sightly to ignite from flame of gas range or use a long match. CAUTION: Flames will be quite high.
- Once flames have subsided reduce heat and add crema. Warm a little on low heat.
- Serve with rice or other side.