Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Webers Big Book of Grilling
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced with seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 32)
- salt, kosher or sea salt
- 2 limes
- For the marinade: Whisk together the first 7 ingredients.
- Place shrimp in a large ziplock bag and add marinade, pressing out the air and tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from bag, thread on skewers, and discard marinade. Sprinkle with salt.
- Grill over direct high heat until shrimp are just opaque this is one to 2 minutes per side. Watch carefully because shrimp overcook so quickly.
- Remove from grill and serve warm with lime wedges.
Just FYI to alligirl...cilantro and coriander are one of the same, cilantro is the fresh one.
WOW! These were good! I especially liked the hint of heat from the jalapeno! I followed the recipe as directed, except I had fresh cilantro, so I subbed that for the coriander. Great with a spicy cocktail, but I'm going to try to come up with a complimentary dipping sauce! These would be wonderful for passing at a party. Thanks for sharing, kit in NO!