Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Weber's Big Book of Grilling
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, with seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 32 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges
- To make the marinade: whisk the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Put the shrimp in a large zip-lock heavy-duty plastic bag; pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out and seal bag; turn the bag to distribute the marinade; place in a bowl, and refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from bag and discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers; season with salt.
- Grill over direct heat 2-4 minutes, until the shrimp are just opaque in the center and firm to touch, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Remove from grill and serve warm with lime wedges.