Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fantastic tequila popper for those who would like to have something other than the traditional lime and salt chaser..... Absolutley to-die-for-DELICIOUS!!!
- 170.09 g don julio reposado tequila (or tequila of choice)
- 2 oranges, cut into slices
- 59.16 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon on plate.
- Pour tequila into shot glasses.
- Enjoy tequila followed by orange slices dredged/dipped in sugar mixture.
These are called Bernies up in Door County Wisconsin! Really Awesome!
We tried this last night and it was a big hit. We may never use lemons again. Highly recommended if you enjoy doing Tequila shots! The sweetness of the orange and sugar definitely mellows out the Tequila. Yum!
This was delicious. I have always liked tequila w/orange slices instead of lemon or lime but never thought of adding the sugar and cinnamon. I even used the pourable splenda that is used just like regular sugar and it was delicous.