Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Do you really have to ask why I like this recipe? "hic-up"
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup white tequila
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for approximately five minutes.
- Stir in lime peel and lime juice.
- Remove from heat and pour into a frezzer tray.
- Freeze until mixture is thick and not completely frozen.
- Remove mixture and place in a blender.
- Add Tequila, egg whites and salt.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Put mixture back into freezer tray and freeze until firm.
- Serve in individual dessert dishes with a twist of lime peel for garnish.
- I like to serve them an a Margarita Glass dipped in green coarse salt that I added a drop of food coloring to and garnished with a fresh sprig of mint.