Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This goes well with many kinds of meat.
Make and share this Tequila Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pickled cactus pieces, coarsely chopped (nopalitos)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons neufchatel cheese
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add enough canola oil to coat, then add chiles, jalapeno, cactus, and onion.
- Saute until onion starts to become transparent.
- Turn off heat.
- In a blender, combine tequila, lime juice, orange juice, cheese, egg substitute, sugar, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add blended mixture to skillet and reheat over low flame, stirring constantly.
- Simmer (continuing to stir) until juice starts to thicken.
- Serve over meat of your choice.