Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
My dd just loves Tequila Rose so I thought I would look for a way to make it at home so I could make it lighter. Viola! Of course, you can make it with the full fat versions too! This is so pretty and would be GREAT for bridal showers, bachelorette parties, gifts or just for yourself! Hope you like it too!
Top Review by Katiekid
Pretty tasty -- very sweet. This recipe makes a lot, so it would probably be best made for a party (a bachelorette party or bridal shower would be perfect!). I'm very happy to have a less bad-for-me version of one of my favorite liquors.
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4-1 cup skim milk, adjust to desired thickness
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk or 12 ounces reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla extract, not imitation please
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry syrup (like Nestle Quik)
- 1 cup tequila (can make it stronger if you like, I used Herradura Reposado)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a blender using the smallest amounts listed and making sure to scrape the cans out with a rubber spatula to get it ALL. Also pour the milk into them to rinse them out before adding the milk to the blender.
- Blend well, stopping the blender and scraping the sides. Then start again and mix until well blended. When everything is added to the smallest measurements given taste and adjust to your desired thickness and flavor.
- Pour into a container with a pour spout and store in the refrigerator. I am not sure how long this keeps but have not had it go bad even weeks later.