Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These quick pan browned chops makes a hearty meat dish with rich bold flavors.Recipe comes from Sunset magazine.
- Trim and discard fat from chops.
- Wipe chops with a damp towel, then press cumin seeds equally onto pork chops.
- Place a 10-to 12-inch nonstick frying over high heat.
- When hot add 1 teaspoon butter, tilting pan to coat.
- add chops and turn as necessary to brown well on both sides about 6 minutes total.
- Stir in garlic.
- Remove pan from heat (away from vent,fan, or inflammables).
- Stir in broth, tequila, and lime juice into pan.
- Set over high heat, when liquid is boiling, reduce heat and simmer until meat is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a platter; keep warm.
- Over high heat, boil pan juices until reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining butter,in a lump, and stir until blended with sauce.
- Season to taste with chilies.
- Pour sauce over chops.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
Two thumbs up all the way on this recipe. Very tasty & interesting flavour in the sauce. I added gravy ingredients to the final sauce and used on the mashed potatoes we had with the chops. Didn't change ingredients, however, I didn't have cumin seeds so I used cumin powder & it worked fine.
I am not giving this recipe any stars because I omitted 2 of the main ingredients. I omitted the cumin and jalpeno chiles. I made the rest of the recipe though. The sauce that the recipe makes is really good! That in itself deserves 4-5 stars. I spooned some of it over my baked potato. I was wishing there was more sauce. :) Next time I make this, I will double the sauce ingredients so that it will make more. SInce I did not add the cumin and jalapenos to the recipe I cannot fairly rate the overall recipe. It might throw other chefs off if I do give it stars.
Bring on the cumin seeds!! wow! loved this!! Update 1-24-09 made again and used poblano peppers instead of jalapenos for kids. BUT kids didn't like the cumin (they ARE picky), so next time i may just not put cumin seeds on theirs but still use for the adults! Added more garlic and butter when making more sauce.