Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enjoy these on a hot day, along with chips, salsa and a frosty beer!
Make and share this Tequila Poppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups tequila
- 2 limes, sliced
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- Wash the tomatoes and gently pierce each one 2 or 3 times with a small skewer.
- Place tomatoes in a bowl with the tequila and limes, cover and chill for at least 3 hrs- (I usually let them marinate over night) stirring them once or twice.
- To serve, drain the tequila- mound the tomatoes in a bowl and serve with coarse salt mixed with the lemon peel for dipping.
- Careful, these will disappear quickly!
Colorful, fun finger food! The "salt dip" adds just the right finish.
I have to agree with Riley - this was very colorful, fun finger food. It was a big hit at my gathering!