Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from the BAM man...Emeril! These just totally gross my DH out...but I love them!!!
- kosher salt, for coating the glass rims
- 1 dozen oyster, freshly shucked, with their liquor
- 1 cup chilled fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 12 ounces tequila
- Moisten the rims of 12 shot glasses with water, then dip each glass in kosher salt to coat the rims. Put an oyster into each shot glass.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, red bell pepper, shallots, cilantro, parsley, and chives. Pour 1 tablespoon of the lime juice mixture into each of the 12 shot glasses over the oysters.
- Pour the tequila into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and shake to chill the tequila. Add about 2 tablespoons of tequila to each of the shot glasses. Serve immediately.
OH MY!!!! These are wonderful!!! Thank you much, Katie!!!!!! Love, Becky
We love oysters and we love tequila, but the two together...we were dubious. We loved these shooters, especially my husband! The combination of the chilled oysters, lime juice and tequila with the salt were unexpectedly yummie. Next time I will mince the vegies super fine, finer than I did this time. A keeper! Can't wait to make them for friends~Thanks, Katie!