Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a versitile, yet unique and tasty Mexican grilling marinade for either chicken pork or beef. The basic recipe comes from "Weber's Big Grilling Book."
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, tightly-packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, tightly-packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced and de-seeded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until blended.
- Marinate pork chops or chicken in this mix, covered, in the refrigerator for four hours, larger cuts of beef for eight hours.
- The cooking time represents the maximum marinating duration.