This is one of those recipes that you will treasure. I make this allot for entertaining and everyone always RAVES about it. I ALWAYS make the Lime Cilantro Rice and Avocado Salad posted by me with this dish. The combination is a truly amazing meal. That is guaranteed to impress! Hint: DO NOT make this marinade ahead (like the day before) the zest will cause it to get very bitter tasting! Also it says to cook mixture 7-8 minutes until gets thick and syrupy. I low boil it for 20-25 minute and it still isn't that thick, but it works! This is a Martha Stewart recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails left on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium jalapeno chile, very finely chopped (deseeded, op.)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium lime, zest of, plus
- lime wedge, for serving
- coarse salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (or green onion)
- 1In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, oil, half the jalapeno, half the garlic, and zest.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Refrigerate, covered, for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- 4In a shallow sauce pan, combine remaining jalapeno and garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, orange juice, tequila and shallots.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 6Cook until mixture is thick and syrupy, 7-8 minutes.
- 7Stir in butter; keep warm.
- 8Heat a gas grill on high or stove-top grill pan over high heat.
- 9Grill shrimp, turning once, until just opaque, about 4 minutes.
- 10Transfer to a serving platter; pour tequila sauce over shrimp.
- 11Garnish with chives; serve immediately with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Romantic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila-Orange Grilled Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.1
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 180.4 mg
- Sodium 190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of