Recipe by Rita~
Top this with ice cream for dessert or serve as a side with chicken or pork. If you don't like Tequila use Rum.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Update! Still enjoying this one! Tonight I sub'd peach preserves for the orange marm. Added about a half teaspoon fresh lime too! Absolutely amazing Rita! So simple but so yummy! I did not have any marmalade so I used a fresh orange zest and fruit- just seeded it and used the whole thing. This was still sweet enough. Used fresh pineapple and fresh mint! I will be making this again and again!
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tequila, marmalade, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and mint together heat till sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat Grill.
- Place pineapple on grill.
- Baste with tequila mixture while grilling.
- Turn occasionally.
- Grill about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.