From Weber’s Big Book of Grilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breast halves (with skin, about 6 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh Italian parsley (with some stems)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers, without seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1To make the marinade: combine all the marinade ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 2Rinse the chicken breast under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Place chicken in a large heavy-duty plastic zip-lock bag; pour in the marinade.
- 4Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- 5Turn the bag to distribute the marinade; place in a bowl, and refrigerate 2-4 hours, turning every now and then.
- 6Remove the chicken from the bag and reserve the marinade.
- 7Pour the marinade into a saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat; boil for 1 minute.
- 8Grill the chicken breasts, skin side down, over Direct Medium heat, for 8-12 minutes or until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, turning and basting with the marinade once halfway through grilling time; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila-Orange Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 784.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: