Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is our version of the Chile marinade used in the Chile Margarita at the Ring Of Fire restaurant in Eugene, OR.
- 6 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, remove stem
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into slices, core and peel removed
- tequila, enough to cover pineapple and peppers
- In a 1/2 gallon mason jar combine: jalapeno and pineapple slices.
- Pour tequila in to cover completely.
- Let marinate for 24 hours or more (up to one month). No refrigeration required.
- Use in any Margarita recipe in place of the tequila. Only use the liquid from the marinade, not the peppers and pineapple! Garnish drink with fresh jalapeno slices.