Prep 6 hrs
Cook 55 mins
This marinade is also great on shrimp or pork tenderloin.
Make and share this Tequila-Mango Chipotle Chicken W/Cilantro-Lime Rice (Shrimp/Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large ripe mangoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 fryer, cut up
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- In bowl of food processor, combine first 7 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process until blended. Place chicken in food storage bag; pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate 6-8 hours or overnight. Remove from marinade; discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken pieces on rack in shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt over chicken pieces. Place in preheated oven and roast for 45-55 minutes, or until chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F and chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 170 F using an instant-read thermometer. Serve with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Cilantro-Lime Rice:.
- In 3-quart saucepan, bring rice, chicken broth, water and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime zest.