Recipe by mamati
I had the most fabulous tequila lime pie in Belize. While I was unable to pry the recipe from the chef, I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com. Hopefully it will be similar!
For the crust
- 283.49 g vanilla wafers
- 78.07 ml pine nuts
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
For the filling
- 2 egg whites
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml tequila
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- fresh whipped cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add wafers and pine nuts to food processor, pulse until well ground up. Pour into bowl and add melted butter. Mix by hand, with a wooden spoon, and press into 10-inch tart pan. (reserve 4 tablespoons of crumbs to sprinkle on top when done baking.)
- Place tart pan in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- For the filling:.
- In a mixing bowl add egg whites and sugar, beat until there are soft peaks.
- In another mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in the egg whites. Pour into tart shell and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Let cool before cutting and serve with fresh whipped cream.