Recipe by mary winecoff
I have made this several time and it reminds me of a key lime pie. Very easy to do and perfect as a dessert for Mexican meals.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
This is similar to Guy Fieri's Tequila Lime tart. I used vanilla wafers and only 1 T. sugar in the crust. I used Recipe #14062 for the condensed milk. Turned out great for our Mexican meal. I couldn't find the bottom of my tart pan so did it as a pie. Baked at 350 deg. but took longer than his stated time of 25 min.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: Blend all ingredients in food processor until small clumps form. Press mixture into bottom and sides of 9 inch tart pan.
- For filling:.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Stir condensed milk and next three ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Set condensed milk mixture aside.
- Beat egg whites with sugar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold 1 1/2 cup condensed milk mixture into whites until combined. Fold remaining milk mixture into whites until just incorporated.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake until filling puffs about 40 minutes.
- Cool tart completely. Chill until cold. Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices.